Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Y Story: Jordan Tragash


I started my Y career 16 years ago at the very same YMCA that I now work for.  At the age of 2, I took Mommy and Me swim lessons in Middletown and stayed a member at various YMCA's across Connecticut through high school. In the summer of my junior year I began working for the Wheeler YMCA in Plainville and have been with the Y ever since.  I took the job in Middletown because I knew that with my transition to school I would be losing a Y family who had always been so great to me.  Luckily, I managed to find a new one here!  

Over the years, the YMCA has helped make me who I am. Whether it was a tightly knit community full of kind coworkers or a facility full of staff members who welcomed me with open arms the Y has always been a constant in my life.  As I continue my career here I hope that I can be that kind coworker and welcoming staff member to all who enter our doors. 

No comments: