Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Health Care Reform Starts with You


All of the debate circling around Health Care Reform has led me to the conclusion that it is more important than ever to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible. I want to avoid costly medical expenses, I don't want to be a burden on the system and I want to have enough energy and vitality to enjoy my family time.
So, I'm taking the responsibility of making my own health care reform. I haven't had any committee meetings, and haven't done extensive research into new solutions (although I would admit that this plan has been bogged down for a few years.) I am starting with what seems to make sense for me, I am trying to eat better and exercise....not revolutionary concepts.

Beginning in November I have been trying this new strategy and two things have happened:
#1- People are very supportive and some are even inspired to do something, too.
#2- I feel great, and that has given me momentum to do more in hopes of getting even better results.

So, put down the Big Mac Snack Wrap, lace up your sneakers and getting started. If you need help or a coach come down here to the YMCA and we'll do it together.

No comments: